Friday, May 18, 2012
By the way...
So I've spent the last few weeks working good ole Papa Murphys. My dad sent me over to work at his store at Blondo which is a good 30-40 minute drive from my house. After a few days of listening to the radio reluctantly, (one can only take so much of the repetitive song choices and the endless amount of commercials) I decided that I would brush up on a few of the John Bytheway talks we have on CD, that way I'd make better use of the time I spent in the car. Best decision ever! I love waking up and having Brother Bytheway provide me with a spiritual boost to get me through the day and then I get to relax on the drive home listening to his thoughtful incites. The other day he brought a scripture to my attention that I have read and reread and has instantly become one of my new favorites. Jacob 3:1-2, these are the only two verses that Jacob addresses the "pure in heart", the rest of the time he spends chastising those who aren't exactly pure in heart and calls them to come unto repentance. Anyway, the reason why I love this scripture so much is because I feel like this is specifically for all of those who are just trying to do their best. I've been fortunate to be raised in a family who love the gospel of Jesus Christ and who live their lives in accordance with its teachings, ergo I haven't had a rough start accepting the gospel and it's teachings into my life. But even though I've never struggled with addictions or anything along those lines, sometimes it's just hard to live the gospel and be like Christ. This scripture is for me, while I'm far from perfect, I can honestly say that I'm trying to be my best and to do my best which I would consider that to be pure in heart. These verses have brought me so much comfort and hope. It puts everything in perspective for me. I love Jacob and I'm grateful that he was obedient in keeping a record so that I can look to his words for guidance. I love the Book of Mormon and I love how personal it has become to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment